I used a battery operated ice-cream machine, but if you do not have one, you can still create this.
Just place the ice cream mixture in a suitable freezer container that has a lid, and stir with a fork once every half hour, for the first four hours of freezing. This breaks up the ice crystals and makes for a smooth texture.
Also if you do not have a food processor, you can use a hand held blender and a big bowl.
To add some bite to this, just before you place in the freezer add some fresh mango cubes. Luvly!
- 3 very ripe large mangoes. (must be soft to the touch and sweet!).
- 1 397g tin of condensed milk.
- 150ml of double cream.
- Juice of one lime (optional)
1. Cut around both sides of the flat stone inside the mango. Over a food processor bowl, scrape and squeeze all the flesh and juice from the mango, making sure no skin gets included. (There is a great video guide here to show you how its done.).
2. Blend the mango flesh into a smooth puree.
3. Slowly add the condensed milk, blending all the while, until its whipped and airy.
4. Pour in the cream, and if using, add the lime juice and mix until the mixture is smooth. I find this takes around 2 minutes.
5. Place the mixture into your ice-cream machine and place into the freezer and turn on. Leave overnight, or until firm.
6. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.